Do you get all stressed out thinking about planning a nice dinner? We realize that some people survive on ready-made Costco soup, grilled cheese and French toast…which isn’t all bad! Actually, we love all those things.
But when you find yourself facing an event – a birthday, anniversary, someone important coming for dinner – and you want to make an impression without killing yourself off for three days, Quick and Easy Shrimp Scampi is your best friend. It comes together in minutes, and, when served with a salad and some fresh crusty bread, makes a lovely, impressive meal! Add candles and a fun dinner party-ish playlist, and you’re golden.
Quick and Easy Shrimp Scampi is actually simple enough to feed your family on, say, a Tuesday. Just an ordinary, everyday, chaotic, homework-riddled Tuesday. Or Sunday dinner. Friday date night? Game night with another couple? You get the point.
File this one in your “quick and easy go-to” recipe section because you’ll want this one where you can get to it easily. Only prerequisite: you gotta like shrimp!
Quick and easy doesn’t have to be boring. Candles and music on a Tuesday night? You bet. Even your four-year old will be impressed.
- 10-12 oz. dry spaghetti or linguini
- 3 Tbsp. butter or ghee
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds large uncooked shrimp
- Juice and zest of two lemons
- 1/2-1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring pan of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- In cast-iron or heavy saucepan, heat butter and oil. Add garlic and cook 20 seconds.
- Add shrimp, lemon juice and zest, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, parsley and bread crumbs. Cook until shrimp barely turns pink, turning often, which should take about one minute.
- Add approx. 1/2 cup pasta water and cook another minute.
- Serve over pasta with parmesan cheese, if desired.
*If desired, after cooking, put the shrimp under the broiler for just a minute to brown the bread crumbs.