This post is sponsored by BRIANNAS Salad Dressing.
Crispy leaves, pumpkin spice candles and Loaded Honey-Mustard Grilled Cheese…
I mean, what more could you want in life? Fall is here, and we couldn’t be more pleased.
As the weather is cooling down, we’re craving warm, comforting food. So we’re resurrecting our Gourmet Grilled Cheese recipe…but this time around, it got even better, because…
BRIANNAS HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING.
Need we say more?
Here’s the thing about grilled cheese. It doesn’t matter how old you are, grilled cheese will eternally be voted as a favorite comfort food of choice. Two slices of crispy, buttered bread with cheese oozing out in between?
GAME OVER. 😉
And for any of you food connoisseurs out there who may be raising an eyebrow at the rudimentary nature of the classic grilled cheese… Grilled cheese does not have to mean white bread and Colby jack.
There are so many ways to mix it up, put a gourmet spin on things and impress your very own taste buds.
This Loaded Honey-Mustard Grilled Cheese is the perfect example.
Let me walk you through the magic…
You start with a crispy loaf of sourdough bread. Get it from your local bakery…Quality is important here, people.
Next, you gather your Brie cheese, fig jam and shallot, and then of course, the star of the show…
BRIANNAS Dijon Honey Mustard Dressing.
We’re not talking about dabbing a dot of dressing on one side of bread and calling it good. Nope. We want you to experience the real potential of gourmet grilled cheese…which means caramelizing the shallots in BRIANNAS dressing, smearing a generous dollop of fig jam on the bread, melting the oozey Brie cheese between it all and then dipping the entire masterpiece in more honey-mustard dressing.
And that is how grilled cheese is done my friends.
- 1 large shallot
- 2 Tbsp. BRIANNAS Dijon Honey-Mustard Dressing
- 8 slices crusty sourdough bread
- 16 slices Brie cheese (approx. 8 oz.)
- 1/3 cup fig jam
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Extra BRIANNAS Dijon Honey-Mustard Dressing for dipping
- Slice the shallot into thin slices. Heat a skillet and add shallots and 2 Tbsp. BRIANNAS Dijon Honey-Mustard Dressing. Sauté on low heat until shallots are soft.
- Prepare the sandwiches by smearing the bread with fig jam. Add the Brie cheese and sautéed shallots and top with another bread slice.
- Soften the butter and spread on each side of sandwiches.
- Grill the sandwiches in clean skillet or griddle until the bread is golden brown, flip over and grill until cheese is melty and delicious.
- Serve with extra BRIANNAS Dijon Honey-Mustard Dressing for dipping!
*Some people like more cheese and fig jam, some like less. Adjust amounts to your preference!