Easy Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars – the quick and simple solution to your afternoon munchies.
On any given day, you can open up my freezer to find an array of homemade granola bars and/or energy bites waiting for snack time. Salted maple energy bites, Chocolate Quinoa Energy Bites, Trail Mix Granola Bars … and now these Easy Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars!
It’s my way of indulging in a treat, but keeping things a little healthier. And let me just tell ya, it’s sooo nice to have a healthier snack on hand when 3 pm comes around and you find yourself reaching for the cookie jar.
These chewy bars have the consistency of cookie dough, and considering the chocolate chips and nut butter, you can pretty much satisfy any cookie craving with one of these bad boys.
Maybe you feel like it’s easier to just buy a box of granola bars and call it good? We know you’re busy, but we promise you this one is too easy to make, has just a few basic ingredients, and is packed full of healthier ingredients like oats and chia seeds. Sweetened with pure maple syrup, you won’t find any corn syrup here like you will in the boxed stuff.
It’s SO worth spending a little time prepping some healthier treats NOW that you can enjoy later. So include this one in your weekly meal prep, and thank us later. 😉
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Divide the dough in half. Press half into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Put the other half in a second lined pan.
- Freeze for 1 hour to harden. Cut into 1" thick bars.
- Store in fridge or freezer. You can eat them cold, or let them soften to room temp and enjoy!