Ah, the 4th of July. Independence Day! The day we broke free and decided to do our own thing. And now, the whole country celebrates every year with a mid-summer, all-out, sea-to-shining-sea, bbq ’til ya drop party party party. There couldn’t be a better day to pull out all the stops with a Gourmet Burger Board!
Not too much cooking here, but oh, does this make a big statement! Just pile freshly grilled burgers and every kind of topping you can imagine on a board and let your friends and family go wild. Sky’s the limit on this one. Get creative! Go big!
Speaking of big, what’re your big Independence Day traditions? Do you have a tried-and-true party plan that happens year after year? New and improved something in the works? One of our faves is this awesome, small-town parade right around the corner from our cabin.
It’s the kind of parade in which local kids throw on red, white and blue from head to toe and walk down the parade route, hand in hand, smiling and waving and feeling famous; the local fire truck coasts down the street with lights and siren blaring; the high school band plays off-key patriotic songs; and the town mayor throws taffy to all the bystanders. Very Mayberry. It’s a classic.
Burgers are also a 4th of July classic, so why not make the lowly burger the hit of the party?! Gourmet Burger Board and fireworks. Ooohs and aaahs from dinner ’til the last firecracker explodes in the night sky.
Eat big. Celebrate big. In the words of Benjamin Franklin, “The Constitution only guarantees you the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”
Be free. Be brave. Be happy.
Happy birthday, America!
- Burgers, brats, hot dogs
- Buns, rolls
- Toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, sliced and crumbly cheeses, raw or caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, sweet and hot peppers, pineapple, avocado, pickles, bacon
- Sauces, spreads and relishes: ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, mayo, pesto, salsas, guacamole, steak sauce.
- Grill the meats and buns.
- On a big board (or just down the middle of your table on parchment) place all toppings, sauces, grilled meats and buns.
- Let all your guests make their own creations!
*Nothing scientific about this one! Just be creative with sides and sauces! OR have your guests bring along their favorites and create the board together!