Fill the Freezer Spaghetti Sauce is the answer to your “what in the world do I make for dinner tonight” dilemma. Lemme guess…that dilemma comes up more often than not? Don’t stress it…you’re not alone.
We all struggle with the dinner dilemma from time to time. Or for some, it’s a nightly occurrence. That’s why we’re really focusing in on healthy, quick-and-easy meals for you.
Selfishly, I’m getting really excited about freezer meals right now, because my baby is coming in March, and I’m gonna need a freezer full of instant meals to make…
This Fill the Freezer Spaghetti Sauce will definitely be a guest in my freezer for when baby comes. This recipe makes a HUGE batch, so when you make it, eat up what you want and then freeze the rest in desired portions for later.
You can serve it over your fave pasta noodles, or I love eating it over zucchini noodles. I’ve even spooned it over baked potatoes, which is absolutely delish. So many tasty options!
Do the work now, freeze for later, and it’ll be a life-saver when you need a last-minute meal.
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large onions, red or yellow
- 6 celery ribs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 3 pounds spicy or mild bulk Italian sausage (we do a combo of 1 1/2 lbs. of each)
- 12 large mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. each dried basil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, sugar
- 1 [6-oz.] can tomato paste
- 2 [28-oz.] cans tomato sauce
- 2 [28-oz.] cans diced tomatoes (Italian or regular)
- Heat evoo in large stock pot.
- Chop onions and celery and add to the pot, along with grated carrots. Sauté 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and sauté until cooked, stirring frequently and breaking sausage apart.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add herbs, sugar and all cans and stir to combine.
- Bring to simmer and cook on low for 20 minutes.
*This makes a HUGE pot of sauce. Divide and freeze flat in ziplock bags.
*Sauce lasts in freezer for 6 months.
*Add even more tomato sauce if you need more servings.
*Serve this over your favorite spaghetti noodles, or if you're watching your carbs, serve it over zucchini noodles!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the money. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!