So, we’re 3 days into the new year. How’re those resolutions coming along? Have you made any? Have you broken any? Have you already given up? Hope not.
If you need a little push in the direction of setting and keeping goals, here’s our simple, 4-step suggestion for getting your body back on track. Give it a month, and you should see noticeable results, like more energy, weight loss and a happier, healthier you. Sorry, you’re on your own with finances, cleaning your house, and all the rest!
1. Invest in a quality blender and start using it often to make smoothies, salsas, homemade peanut butter and other healthy treats! We’ve included a new wintry green smoothie recipe to get you started.
2. We all know we need to get a good night’s sleep, but sometimes that’s harder to actually accomplish without a little help. Use a sleep app that tracks your nighttime sleeping patterns to help you find your ideal nightly rest. Here’s one we love and highly recommend.
3. Okay, we all have such great intentions about exercise. Five days a week, one hour minimum, machines and weights…..20 pounds by March…RIGHT??? One simple suggestion: Find an exercise buddy and team up. It’s much harder to push the snooze button when you know your friend is in the driveway waiting for you!
4. Here’s the best one of all, because it is all about good food. JOIN THE KIWI AND CARROT VEGGIE CHALLENGE! We make eating your veggies easier, more fun and soooo delicious! Plus, when you join, you are entered in a weekly giveaway for the next four weeks! Yep, eat healthier and get cool stuff. What could be better?
That’s it. 4 little steps. Hope they help inspire you to start 2017 out right. Thank you for a year and a half of amazing, awesome support for Kiwi and Carrot! We look forward to another year of sharing recipes, thoughts, inspiration and culinary adventures.
Happy New Year from Kiwi and Carrot!
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 kiwis
- 1 cup greens
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 12 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender, starting with liquids. Blend until smooth.
- Drink as a smoothie OR place in bowl and cover with favorite fruits, seeds and nuts. Eat with a spoon.
***This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the earnings. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!