We know you’re drooling over that cheeeez. Who wouldn’t be? I mean, come on. A Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich? Get in ma belly!
This post is dedicated to one of our most loyal followers. We love all of you guys. We really do. But I’m tellin ya, this girl deserves an award–a golden plaque on her wall embossed with the phrase: “Most loyal follower of Kiwi and Carrot…”
Danielle has been a loyal follower of Kiwi and Carrot since Day 1. There have been multiple times when I wonder, is this worth it? Is all this time, effort, sweat and tears worth it? (JK there is absolutely no sweat in any of these delicious creations. Gross.)
And then, just as I’m about to hang up the Kiwi and Carrot apron for good, we get a text from Danielle saying how she’s tried nearly every recipe we make, how she loves what we’re doing and how she has some ideas/requests for us to work on. How do you quit when you get a text like that? I’ll tell you how. You don’t.
And don’t even get me started on the Instagram account she made, where she’s posted multiple of our recipes she’s tried and tagged us in her post. Girl, you’re melting our hearts like that cheese is melting away our new year’s resolutions to eat healthy. (Just jokin…Veggie Challenge we haven’t forgotten you!)
So…Danielle. You asked for it, we delivered. Here is your Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich, complete with: melty brie, white cheddar cheese, balsamic-sauteed shallots, crusty cranberry-walnut bread, fresh fig jam, honey-mustard butter and a spicy tomato soup to dip it in.
Wowzah. What a slamwich.
So, for all of you people out there who think: I want a recipe for this, or wouldn’t that combo be yummy…WE LISTEN TO YOU!
You let us know what you want, and we deliver results. 🙂
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices of your fave crusty bread (we LOVE using the cranberry-walnut bread from Costco!)
- 2 Tbsp. fig jam (more or less depending on preference!)
- 2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 16 thin slices of brie cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2-1 tsp. honey mustard
- Slice the shallot into thin slices. Heat a skillet and add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add shallots. Sauté on low heat until soft and translucent.
- Prepare the sandwiches by smearing the bread with fig jam. Add the cheddar cheese, brie cheese and sautéed shallots and top with another bread slice.
- Soften the butter and mix in honey mustard. Spread on each side of sandwiches.
- Grill the sandwiches in clean skillet or griddle until the bread is golden brown, flip over and grill until cheese is melty and delicious.
- Serve warm with spicy tomato soup!
*Some people like more cheese and fig jam, some like less. Adjust amounts to your preference!
***This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the earnings. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!