So, have you scheduled your own “Dudes’ Food Night” yet? If not, WHY NOT???? Get moving. It’s truly an epic event! (For an explanation of what Dudes’ Food Night is and how it was born, see this post.)
In fact, Dudes’ Food Night was such a success, some of the women in our fam suggested we do it once a month. Ha ha. Not exactly a healthy idea. The fat and cholesterol levels would max out. Maybe twice a year? I’m thinking a bbq challenge in June would be an excellent idea. I do, however, want to introduce you to the creative geniuses and their creations from our first-ever Dudes’ Food Night. Maybe these recipe names will inspire you to create some of your own dudes’ foods!
In all their glory (and in no particular order), here they are:
Patrick’s Corn Dog Patticakes
Andrew’s Pizza Ramen Quiche
Drew’s Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Kyle’s Kobra Ky’s Krane Kick Kookies
Noah’s Grilled P.B. and J’s
Ronnie’s Cheese Dog Chili
Scott’s Philly Cheesesteak Dip
Taylor’s Mini Pancakes
Kyle’s Bacon and Nutella Panquake
Paul’s Famous Grilled Chicken
Shaun’s Better than Kyle’s Cookies Jalapeño Poppers.
Impressive list, yes?! Very inspiring.
Kyle’s Kobra Ky’s Krane Kick Kookies (by a very close vote) were the favorite dessert of the night. Quite the tongue-twister! When making them, have a little contest. Whoever says the name fast ten times gets the first cookie out of the oven! And the loser has to stand like this while everyone else eats the cookies…
To simplify matters, I’ve renamed them Dudes’ Food Caramel-Oreo Cookies. Basically, they’re elevated chocolate chip cookies. VERY elevated. True confession…I think I ate four that night. These things are tasty. They are loaded with sugary deliciousness, and probably should be outlawed. Kyle, we’re glad you’re part of the fam…and BTW, your assignment for every family dinner from now until forever is to bring Kobra Ky’s Krane Kick Kookies!
- 20 caramel candies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 2 cups Oreos
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla and combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Roughly chop Oreos. Add them, and chocolate chips and gently fold into the dough
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment.
- Drop cookie dough by tablespoons on cookie sheets.
- Bake 7-10 minutes, or until the edges become golden brown.
- While the cookies are baking, unwrap caramels and chop into quarters.
- When the cookies are done, remove from oven and immediately sprinkle the chopped caramel candies on top.
Want an online shopping spree? We’re giving away a $700 Amazon gift card! We’ve teamed up with 35 bloggers, and every time you follow someone on one of their social media channels, you get another entry! That’s more than 100 possible entries! Good luck 🙂 I hope you all win big.