Who has kids (or husbands) that don’t exactly embrace their veggies? Anyone in your fam stick their noses in the air at the thought of steamed broccoli or kale salad? Ever found spinach stuffed under the side of a dinner plate or wrapped in a crumpled napkin or fed to the dog?
Well, here’s your chance to fool them all…kids, husbands, veggie haters…you’ll have ’em all eating their veggies and loving it. ‘Cause who doesn’t love buffalo chicken wings? Uhhh, did I say chicken? I meant cauliflower.
That’s right. Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower! The spicy sauciness of chicken wings + nutrient-laden cauliflower, all in one crispy, roasted little package. Add a little Ranch Dressing and you’ll have fans for life. They’ll be requesting cauliflower at every meal, after-school snack, birthday dinner, movie night. Neighbors will point at your house and say, “That’s the cauliflower family.”
Too far? Maybe, but honestly, you’ll all be addicted to this little snack in no time. At least, that’s what’s happened in our fam. We’ve made THREE batches of the stuff in the past 5 days, with not even a whiff of a leftover in sight.
Add just in case you aren’t convinced, here’s a little tidbit about cauliflower that you might not know. Oranges, scoot over. A one-cup serving of cauliflower gives you 77% of your daily vitamin C! Wow. We’re headed into cold and flu season (crying real tears right now) and we need all the ammo we can get. Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower with a chaser of OJ would make the perfect autumn/winter healthy snack to fight off all those sniffly cold demons.
So there ya go. Run to the store and grab a couple cauliflower heads. Stick them in the way back of the fridge next to the moldy leftovers so the kids won’t spot them. And then surprise them all with an oh-so-yummy after school, immune-boosting snack that’ll leave ’em smiling. Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower. Well done, Mom.
- 1/2 cup sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (approx. one large head cauliflower)
- Fresh cilantro and green onions for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment.
- Stir together sriracha, honey and oil to combine.
- Put cauliflower florets in large ziplock and pour sauce over. Shake bag to coat cauliflower pieces with sauce.
- Spread cauliflower over cookie sheet and roast 20 minutes.
- Stir and roast 7-10 more minutes, until cauliflower pieces begin to brown.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onions and serve with ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
*This is SPICY! You can adjust to your taste by lowering the amount of sriracha, or by using a more mild hot sauce.
**Be sure to keep extra sauce from pooling on cookie sheet, as this will steam the cauliflower rather than roast it.
***Eat right out of the oven! If cauliflower sits too long, it loses its crispy texture. If this happens, place in oven under the broiler for a few minutes.
Did you try this recipe? Make sure to leave a comment below to let us know how it turned out!
So many wonderful flavors going on in here!
Thanks Kim! 🙂 It’s a great meat-less alternative when you’re craving that spicy Buffalo flavor but don’t want the meat!