When Albion Fit approached us about filming a “Tasty Tuesday” video for them, we were pretty excited, for a few reasons.
First reason…they wanted us to film some of our fave pumpkin recipes, and so ya…pumpkin = excitement.
Second reason, they wanted us to film it in their new office kitchen, which is just stunning.
Third reason, we got to wear Albion Fit’s awesome jumpsuits, which may have been a life-changing discovery for me, because I now have a hard time wearing anything that requires me to match two articles of clothing together. Jumpsuits = easiest morning, comfiest day. It’s a win-win, really.
(P.S. If you want to experience the joy of your own jumpsuit, head to Albion Fit and use the code “KIWIANDCARROT” at checkout for 15% off!)
For the video, we chose to make our Pumpkin Cupcakes with Nutmeg Buttercream Frosting, Pumpkin Pancakes with Vanilla Nutmeg Syrup and this Creamy Pumpkin Pasta sauce, which we created specifically for the video. Needless to say, it was a hit with our taste-testers. A.K.A. anyone smart enough to wander near the Kiwi and Carrot kitchen on a recipe development day…
The video intro was just a big LOL. Like you guys, we struggle. There’s a reason I try and stay behind the camera. Lets just say if we compiled a blooper’s reel, you’d all get a giggle. Especially the part when I turn to my mom to introduce her and smack her boob. Yup, that happened.
Anyhoo…if you’re looking for a yummy, savory recipe to use up that pumpkin puree you bought on sale, give this one a try. Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce…yum.
Minimal dishes and ready in 20 minutes! Can’t beat that. Unless you’re wearing an Albion Fit jumpsuit while you’re eating it. That beats everything. 😉
- Your favorite pasta, about 6 oz. dry
- 1/2 onion
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tso. cinannon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp.dried thyme
- 1 cup pasta water
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Grated parmesan cheese and crushed walnuts for topping
- Cook pasta. When draining, reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Dice onion. In a large skillet or saucepan, heat oil and add onion. Saute on low until onions are translucent.
- Add butter and fresh sage and stir until butter is melted. Stir in flour, half and half and pumpkin.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add remaining spices and stir. Add pasta water and stir.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Pour over pasta and toss until coated. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and walnuts if desired and serve warm.
In case you missed it, check out the video HERE!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment below to let us know how you liked it!