My husband Patrick and I are on the search for the World’s Best Fajitas. Any time we eat at a Mexican restaurant, or any restaurant that serves fajitas, we order them to split. We’ve tried A LOT of fajitas.
The best ones so far came from a cozy restaurant in El Chalten, Argentina. The meat was seasoned and cooked to perfection and the onions were caramelized into a sweet and sticky heaven. They were amazing.
The one issue with our finding-the-best-fajita-quest is the fact that Patrick does not like shrimp. Or any seafood for that matter. (Gasppp). But shrimp fajitas are SO DANG GOOD.
So naturally Kiwi and Carrot took things into our own hands and created a simple, delicious shrimp fajita recipe. And not just any shrimp fajita recipe…ONE-PAN Shrimp Fajitas, because…dishes.
So if you’re on the hunt for the world’s best fajitas, or if you just appreciate a simple, tasty dinner, give these fajitas a try. They’re much more affordable than a trip to Argentina 😉
If you’re not a fan of seafood (you’re not living life to its fullest 😉 ) but need a one-pan recipe to make dinner time WAY easier for yourself, try this one pan lemon garlic chicken and veggies recipe, or this one pan pork tenderloin recipe! ONE-PAN meals are the secret to life.
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3 limes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds large raw shrimp
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roughly chop onion, peppers and tomatoes. Slice jalapeño into thin slices, removing seeds.
- In small bowl, combine evoo, lime juice and seasonings.
- Spread onion, peppers and tomatoes over cookie sheet. Drizzle half of evoo-lime marinade over.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the rest of marinade over shrimp and let sit at room temperature.
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle shrimp with slotted spoon over veggies and return to oven. (Discard remaining marinade.)
- Roast for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas, cilantro, guacamole and plain Greek yogurt.