*This post is sponsored by BRIANNAS Salad Dressing
It’s easy to make the holidays really complicated, expensive and exhausting. It’s also easy to make the holidays a two-month-long “cheat day” when it comes to rich, calorie-heavy food. But guess what? The holidays don’t have to be any of those things…and this One-Pan Cranberry Herb Chicken is proof of that…
You’re having all the in-laws over for a yummy holiday meal. Instead of going for the usual honey-baked ham, loaded mashed potatoes, rolls on rolls on rolls and pie for dessert, what if you grabbed ONE PAN, threw some chicken on it with BRIANNAS Blush Wine Vinaigrette Dressing, some chopped onion, fresh herbs and a handful of cranberries. While it’s in the oven, cook some rice (or make your life REALLY easy and use some pre-cooked microwaveable rice) and voila! A simple, healthy dinner that comes together with little effort on your part.
During this holiday season, I’m going to try and simplify things, starting with dinner. I’m a recovering perfectionist, so when I’m asked to bring a side dish for a meal, I immediately think of the most elaborate, impressive dish that will leave everyone speechless. But what if instead, I just went with simple.
Simple can still be incredibly delicious, (ahem…One-Pan Cranberry Herb Chicken…) and finding shortcuts around the kitchen can free up so much time for the things that really matter. (Like staring at my pregnant belly as it grows bigger and bigger and enjoying every ounce of sleep I can squeeze in before this baby comes… 😉 )
Life is too short for complicated meals and mile-long ingredient lists. Let’s simplify! Grab a bottle of BRIANNAS Blush Wine Vinaigrette Dressing, some chicken thighs and a sheet pan, and let’s show your party guests that delicious doesn’t have to be complicated.
- 6-8 chicken thighs, with skin (about 4 lbs.)
- 1 bottle BRIANNAS Blush Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 red onion
- Zest of two oranges
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 lbs. butternut squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, to garnish (optional)
- Cut excess skin off chicken thighs (leaving skin on top of pieces) and cut 3-4 small slits in both sides of chicken. Liberally salt and pepper both sides.
- Place chicken pieces in large ziplock bag or non-metallic pan, along with the bottle of Briannas Vinaigrette, dried herbs and orange zest.
- Cut onion and add to chicken.
- Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken pieces on cookie sheet, skin side up. Sprinkle with cranberries.
- Cut squash into small chunks (about 1" pieces.) Add to pan around chicken.
- Salt and pepper squash.
- Roast in oven 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Note that this recipe needs to marinate 4 hours or overnight. Serve over rice or quinoa for a complete meal.
Loving the One-Pan Dinners? Try these next:
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the money. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!