It’s 5 pm and you need dinner on the table by 6. You didn’t plan this one out, and need a quick solution. Sound familiar? Yup, we’ve all been there. And we have a solution! These Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Bowls are one of our go-to’s on busy nights…and they never disappoint!
If you haven’t used an instant pot before…WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!! Seriously, join the party, you will be SO happy you did. Instant pot dinners are on regular rotation around here…Instant Pot Honey Sriracha Chicken Tacos, Instant Pot Butter Chicken, Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli…I could go on.
However…if you’re just not quite ready to throw out that slow cooker and make the instant pot plunge, I get it. You can still make Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Bowls in the slow cooker, just add everything to the pot and cook them on low for 4-6 hours before shredding!
- 3 - 4 chicken breasts, fresh or frozen (approx. 8 oz ea)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 16 oz your favorite salsa
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- Optional toppings: Avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro, feta cheese, lime slices, sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt), etc.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and taco seasoning.
- Place in instant pot and pour salsa over the top. Turn chicken over to coat with salsa.
- Seal the instant pot and set to "manual" or "poultry." Set for 10 minutes. (Or 15 minutes if using frozen chicken breasts).
- While chicken is cooking, cook rice according to package. (Replace water with chicken broth to make it more flavorful.)
- Once instant pot timer is up, allow the instant pot to naturally release until the valve drops. Carefully remove lid and shred chicken in instant pot. Stir to coat in liquid.
- Drain and rinse black beans and heat corn in a skillet until roasted. Add black beans to skillet and cook on low heat until warm. Set aside.
- Assemble bowls: Scoop a serving of rice into a bowl and top with chicken, black beans, corn and additional desired toppings. Enjoy!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the money. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!