What’s your favorite kind of pizza? Are you an “I don’t care as long as it can be delivered to my door?” kind of person, or an “It’s gotta be a Margherita that tastes like it’s straight from Italy or I’m not interested?” While we lean towards the second type, we know a trip to Italy isn’t always in the cards for dinner, so here’s a great compromise: 20-MINUTE BBQ CHICKEN PITA PIZZA!
Okay, so there’s not really anything remotely “authentic Italian” about these, but they’re tasty, healthier than fast food and take almost no time to throw together. That’s a WIN for everyone. And dinner in twenty minutes leaves you time to google trips to Italy in search of that authentic Margherita that you’re now probably craving.
20-MINUTE BBQ CHICKEN PITA PIZZA. Your new fast food favorite.
- 4-6 pitas
- Favorite BBQ sauce (approx. one cup. We love Stubbs BBQ)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (or one whole deli chicken)
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pitas on cookie sheet and spread BBQ sauce liberally over pitas.
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces, toss with a little extra bbq sauce and sprinkle over pitas.
- Chop onion and tomatoes into small pieces and distribute over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Please in top third of oven and turn oven to broil. Cook until cheese is melted and pitas are heated through (about 5-7 minutes.)
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the money. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!