There’s a local dive in our area called Olympus Burger. It’s one of those restaurants that you could easily pass by without a second glance…neon lights blaring, old and slightly run-down, just a little ghetto looking. 😉 But it has a reputation for delicious food, so one day Patrick and I decided to give it a try. Come to find out, while they do serve burgers, they also have INCREDIBLE Greek food.
Ever since this discovery, we frequent Olympus Burger quite often, and always order a big platter to share. The platter comes with Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs, lemon rice, warm pita bread and a yummy Greek salad. It is SO GOOD.
Patrick has come to adore Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs, so I made it a project to come up with a recipe for them. Needless to say, they turned out pretty darn good, and it’s become a staple meal around here.
I always serve these with a side of Lemon Turmeric Rice, some warm pita bread, and a bowl of tzatziki sauce for dippin. Yum. I ended up serving it for Easter dinner last year, and it was a hit with the whole fam!
So, if you’re looking for an excuse to get that grill fired up for the season, put this recipe on your list! You won’t be sorry.
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients except chicken to a large bowl or ziplock bag. Mix well and then add chicken. Toss to coat chicken.
- Cover bowl or seal bag and refrigerate the chicken for 45 minutes to 3 hours. (Don't marinate longer than this or the acid in the marinade will start breaking down the proteins and will lead to an odd chicken texture.)
- If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak for a MINIMUM of 30 minutes to reduce charring.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the chicken onto metal or wooden skewers, about 4-5 chicken cubes on each skewer. Oil the grates of the grill and place the skewers on them.
- Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes then flip it over and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (needs to reach an internal temperature of 165º F).