I like em big, I like em chunky…
I like em big, I like em plumpy.
I’m referring to my grain-free granola preferences of course. 😉
I’m that annoying person who picks the “bunches” out of the Honey Bunches of Oats box and sifts through the granola bag to find the giant clumps.
Sorry not sorry.
The BIG chunks are the best part! Something about the texture and crunch of a clump of granola is intensely more satisfying than those little crumbs that fall through the cracks of your fingers.
Those crumbs are a straight-up health hazard. How many times have you been eating dry cereal and you accidentally inhale the leftover crumbs at the bottom of the box? Suddenly you’re choking and reaching for a glass of milk to save your life.
Yup, like I said. Dangerous.
We’re gonna be extra safe here. 🙂 When you make your own Grain-Free Granola, you can CHUNK IT UP to perfection. Crumbs not welcome.
This granola mix is sticky enough that once you mix it all together and dump it on the pan, you can squeeze small handfuls of it together to form clumps. Once it’s cooked and cooled, those clumps are still slightly chewy and GAME OVER because you’ve just won the chunky granola jack pot.
You’ll never go back after tasting this stuff. It’s like chunky, clumpy, plumpy crack. But made from nutritious ingredients like almond, coconut and honey.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Combine all ingredients except honey in a food processor and pulse until just combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add honey. Mix gently until combined.
- Dump onto a lightly greased baking sheet and spread evenly. To get a "clumpier" granola, working in sections, take 1-2 Tbsp. of the mix and squeeze it together, forming small clumps.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stir gently, then bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and DON'T TOUCH! Let it sit and cool completely on the baking sheet. This will allow it to harden into clumps.
- Store in an air-tight container and enjoy!
Want to try some more of our favorite granola recipes? Give these a try:
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the money. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!