Go with anything Freezer Meatballs are just what they sound like…a simple, but delicious, meatball that can go with anything!
“Anything” meaning in a pasta dish, with some roasted potatoes and BBQ sauce, covered in Teriyaki and served over an Asian rice bowl… just a few ideas for ya. 😉
I made three batches of these meatballs to keep in my freezer as preparation for when Baby Romero comes. I ended up cooking them all ahead of time and freezing them already cooked so I could have them on hand for the breast-feeding munchies.
I’ll admit I ended up eating a few during those last few weeks of pregnancy…just plain as a 3 am snack no less…(pregnancy insomnia is a REAL BEAST.)
I decided that cooking them and then freezing them to warm up later does dry them out just a bit, so I’d recommend freezing them raw to cook fresh when you’re in a pinch for a fast and easy meal.
Thank goodness for Go with anything Freezer Meatballs. They have been a lifesaver for pregnancy insomnia and breast-feeding munchies, and I’m sure they’ll serve many other purposes over the next few years. (Busy mama life yo!)
- 1/2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 large shallot, diced (about 1/2 cup diced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 lb. organic ground turkey
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Heat oil in skillet and add diced shallot. Cook on low until soft, about 3 minutes, and then add minced garlic. Heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat.
- Add egg to a large bowl and whisk until beaten. Add the sautéed shallot and garlic and the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well with hands until blended well.
- Roll into small balls (about 1 1/2 Tbsp. each) and place on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Place in freezer for a few hours, until frozen through. Combine into a freezer-strength Ziploc bag and freeze until ready to use.
- When ready to cook, remove from Ziploc bag and place directly on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 400º F for 20 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165º F. *See notes for cooking thawed.
*If you prefer to cook these right after making them instead of freezing them for later, cook for 15 minutes rather than 20.