Put those greasy potato chips down people! Your new salty, crunchy friend is here to play. Crunchy roasted chickpeas are a much healthier alternative to your favorite chip, and they are seriously just as delicious. I know you’re judging me right now for saying that. But come on, give those cute little balls of crunch a chance before you shut them down as a “junk-food-wanna-be-failure.”
Snacking just got a little more guilt-free–these little guys are packed with fiber and protein, and a much better choice than those greasy chips you love.
The best part about these is that you can get really creative with this recipe. Like them extra salty? Add a little more salt. Prefer a spicy kick to your chip? Sprinkle on some cayenne pepper and red chili flakes. Cheese fan? Bring on the extra cheeeeez. The options are endless, I tell you.
These are an awesome on-the-go snack, or you can even toss them in a salad for some extra crunch.
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. powdered Parmesean cheese
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1-2 garlic clove (depending on how garlicky you want them)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then spread them on a paper towel to dry. Allow to dry completely.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpeas with the rest of the ingredients. Spread the chickpeas evenly on a baking sheet covered in foil or baking parchment.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes. The chickpeas are done when they are crunchy and beginning to brown. Test them at 40 minutes and continue to cook if they’re soft on the inside. *Watch them closely toward the end of the timer, as they can burn quickly.
NOTE: For best results, store in the fridge and eat within four days.