How’s the food coma recovery coming? Are you already dragging your over-fed body to all the Black Friday sales?
When that credit card gets burned out and you start to get a slight hunger pang, you’ve probably got a fridge full of leftovers waiting for you at home. Right?
Well…once you’ve eaten three platefuls of leftover turkey, you might want to get creative with the rest of the tupperware hangin’ in your fridge, annnnd we are here to help! Cranberry Ginger Snap Bars will be your new favorite leftover friend.
Ginger snap crust, leftover cranberry sauce and whatever nuts, dried fruit and chocolate chips you have hanging around.
You might just get the sugar buzz you need for Black Friday Round Two.
CRANBERRY GINGER SNAP BARS!
- 1 package graham crackers (8 full crackers)
- 1 1/2 cups ginger snaps
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 cup chopped nuts of your choice (We recommend walnuts and pistachios)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush graham crackers and ginger snaps. Add cinnamon and toss to combine.
- Melt butter and add to ginger snap mixture. Stir until crumbs are all coated. Spread evenly in bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Spread cranberry sauce over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with cranberries, nuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Microwave white chocolate chips for about one minute. Stir until chips are all melted. Drizzle over cooled cranberry bars.
- Either dig in with a spoon immediately, or place in the fridge for an hour or two to set up.