Raise your hand if any of the scenarios below sound familiar:
2) You’ve been invited yet again to Aunt Marge’s Christmas dinner, and you’ve been asked to bring a salad (yawn) for the 12th year in a row.
3) You’re headed to a friend’s swanky holiday appetizer and dessert party and you don’t have time to make a Buche de Noel (and don’t actually know what that means, let alone how to make one.)
4) You can’t stomach one more rich, 5,000-calorie Roast Beast with Gorgonzola Sauce dinner.
Well, you’re in luck!
No matter what situation you find yourself in this holiday season, we’ve got a fab, easy, healthy, delicious, beautiful CHRISTMAS SALAD WREATH that will impress all.
And bonus points…it’s actually good for you and takes about 5 minutes to create. Yes, it’s the perfect choice.
If only shopping for DADS could be that easy. Any suggestions in that area would be much appreciated. 😉
Enjoy your Christmas Salad Wreath, and have a MERRY, MERRY Christmas season!
- 4-6 cups baby kale or other favorite greens
- 1 pear
- 1 orange
- A few small bunches of grapes
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup feta or bleu cheese
- Balsamic vinaigrette (our recipe or your favorite)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange kale or other greens on a round platter.
- Slice pear and orange and arrange around the greens.
- Sprinkle pistachios, pomegranate seeds and feta around the wreath.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
*Adjust amounts for the size of your crowd. Be creative and use whatever toppings you love: tomatoes, avocado, apples, cheddar...this is so easy to customize!