Today we are bringing you (drum roll please)….The Perfect Hamburger!
Because burger season is in FULL SWING people.
Two weeks ago was when it hit. Burger season I mean. It was apparent that summer BBQs were upon us when I ate burgers no less than four days that week. And I wasn’t even mad about it.
Here’s the thing though. Burger quality can vary quite a bit…
Tier one: the famous (or infamous?) Micky D’s burger. Known as the “Flat Ham” in my family. These are bottom tier burgers IMO even though my husband and brother would strongly disagree. Just can’t get behind those squishy buns and soggy pickles.
Tier two: frozen burgers from Costco. Slap em down on the grill right out of the freezer. Very convenient, and with the right toppings and quality bun, they can be downright delicious.
Tier three: The Perfect Hamburger. Freshly-formed grass-fed patties made with garlic and worcestershire sauce. Smothered in homemade sriracha mayo, melted cheese and eaten on a fresh brioche bun.
I mean, if you’re gonna do a burger, might as well do it right.
- 1 lb. grass-fed beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayo (we LOVE chosen foods avocado oil mayo!)
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- Brioche (or your fave) burger buns
- Tomato slices
- Cheese slices
- Red onion slices
- Lettuce leaves
- Combine mayo and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Stir together until mixed and set aside.
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Combine burger ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Mix with hands until well combined.
- Form 4 large patties. Gently press a thumb into the center of each patty creating a small indentation. This will help the burger to maintain it's shape and cook evenly.
- Grill over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, then flip and continue cooking until burger reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. (Add cheese once you flip the burger if desired.)
- Assemble your burger with desired toppings, drizzle with sriracha mayo and enjoy!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the money. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!