I’m currently sitting on my couch, eating the Best Paleo Chocolate Pudding, and thinking about dirt. And worms. Yup, that’s right…dirt and worms.
Did anyone else eat that treat as a child? Dirt Pudding Cups, or “Cuppa Dirt” as I used to call it. Basically a cup filled with chocolate pudding, Oreo crumbs and gummy worms. The most elegant treat a 5-year-old could ever imagine.
But really that was one of my very favorite treats as a kid. I’m pretty sure I took that to school for my “birthday treat” one year.
Speaking of birthday treats, when did that little tradition become not-cool? Was it junior high? Really, it’s a shame. It’s your birthday so yippee….gotta bring the entire class a treat, pass it out and let them know how cool you are, because you brought them Cuppa Dirts. Just a Cuppa Dirt to celebrate that you are now 6 years old.
Let’s bring that tradition back. Because really, I’d love to share the Best Paleo Chocolate Pudding with all ma friends.
So one note on this recipe. You may be tempted to make this without the gelatin…but…we tried that. Like four times to be exact, and it doesn’t work. Gelatin=fluffy, creamy pudding! We recommend Great Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin that we get from Thrive Market! You’ll save $5-$10 by ordering it through Thrive Market ($15 on Thrive, $20-$25 on Amazon).
If you’re not a member of Thrive Market yet, you can sign up here and get 20% off your first three orders!! It’s basically like the Costco version of Whole Foods, and it’s pretty much the BOMB.com.
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Extra coconut cream or whipped cream to top, optional
- Combine 2 Tbsp. coconut cream with the gelatin in a small bowl. Stir together and set aside.
- Place rest of coconut cream, cocoa powder, syrup and salt in a saucepan.
- Heat until mixture starts to boil, stirring frequently.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and gelatin mixture.
- Pour into small ramekins or a serving dish and place in fridge for several hours or overnight to set.
- Top with additional whipped coconut cream, if desired.
Want some more Paleo treats? Try these irresistible Paleo Chocolate Cashew Butter Cups!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the earnings. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!