I know smoothie bowls are typically something you enjoy while sitting under a sun-umbrella at the beach…and yes, they don’t necessarily warm you up from your head to your toes. BUT, I’m just not quite ready to give them up!
And why not sip a smoothie bowl while curled up next to a fire in your over-sized fleece robe? Cause yes, this is a regular occurrence at my house… 😉
With the holidays approaching and pumpkin spice palpable in the air, it’s only appropriate to make this smoothie bowl a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl.
The best part about smoothie bowls in general is the endless options of toppings to decorate them with. And for this particular bowl, you just can’t go wrong with homemade spiced granola, sliced bananas and cacao nibs. That granola though…my addiction come every fall. 😉
I love this recipe because it only uses a small amount of pumpkin puree. Usually when you bake with canned pumpkin, the recipe only calls for a cup or so of pumpkin, which leaves you with an awkward amount in the bottom of the can. A week later you find it in the back of the fridge and have to throw it out. Next time you have that little bit of leftover pumpkin, use it for your breakfast the next day instead of wasting it!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl to the rescue.
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup milk of choice (almond, coconut, etc.)
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla/unsweetened protein powder or collagen peptides
- Toppings: sliced bananas, homemade spiced granola, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, etc.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. (Start with 1/2 cup milk and add more until desired consistency is reached).
- Pour in a bowl, top with desired toppings and eat with a spoon!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the money. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!