OK. This is the ultimate Mother’s Day breakfast. All you moms out there, it’s time to print out this recipe and tape it to your husband’s forehead so he’ll remember to make it for you Sunday morning…
Eating these lemon poppyseed pancakes for breakfast is kinda like eating dessert before dinner. We all secretly do it from time to time, and on certain occasions, it’s totally acceptable to admit to it. Like Mother’s Day. Totally acceptable.
These pancakes are the perfect amount of sweetness without giving you a sugar rush at 8 a.m. And they’re so simple to make, even your husband won’t be able to mess them up. Drizzle them with some pure maple syrup, toss on some berries, and botta bing, botta boom…a breakfast for champions. Because all you moms out there are champions in my book, and you deserve to eat dessert for breakfast once in awhile. 🙂
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- Zest of 4 lemons
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Berries and syrup for topping
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl or large liquid measuring cup, mix the poppy seeds, lemon zest, buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined. Don’t overmix, it’s ok if the batter is slightly lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet and grease with butter. Scoop about 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle and smooth into a circle. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until firm. Flip and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter, syrup and fresh berries.
Great site! Love the recipes and the photos are outstanding!!! Can’t wait to try the Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes. Blessings too you both and will done on your beautiful site!
Thank you so much Steph! Hope you come back and try some of our recipes soon! 🙂
These look delicious! Definitely going to try making them this weekend for Sunday’s breakfast. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Thanks Tess! Hope you like them!