Almond + coconut = heaven in my mouth.
Whoever came up with that combo should get an A++ on creative geniusness. Seriously. Give them a gold star.
These energy bites are OH SO YUM. I’ll stop yelling now and tell you why.
1) They’re packed full of healthy ingredients that’ll make you live longer. Hemp seeds make you live longer, right Doc?
2) They’re an easy on-the-go snack for when you’re running out the door and realize you are starving and need some instant energy.
3) They taste like an almond joy but they’re not full of high-fructose corn syrup, added sugar and preservatives. Nope, all clean ingredients here, and no guilt from snarfing candy bars as an afternoon snack.
4) They just look cute sitting in that bowl.
So, for this recipe I bought the organic unsweetened coconut flakes at Trader Joe’s. If you don’t live near a Trader Joe’s, you may want to consider moving within a block of one. Truly. I swear I could spend hours wandering the aisles in that place, just exploring all their unique products.
But for now, grab some coconut from whatever store is your go-to hub, and mix up some almond joy deliciousness!
- 1 cup roasted almonds (salted too, optional)
- ¼ cup unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut
- 12 Medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp. hulled hemp seed
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. water (start with one and if it still looks slightly dry or crumbly, add another--it should be a sticky dough that easily rolls into balls.)
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll into balls and store in the refrigerator. (Should make about 10 energy bites).