Grilled Maple-Mustard Salmon…get in ma bellyyyy.
Did I mention that this Grilled Maple-Mustard Salmon takes only 5 ingredients to make? Whoa baby, now we’re talking.
I used to be so scared of fish. Eating them, swimming with them…yuck. I remember my mom making us fish for dinner when we were younger and I would take that big bottle of sesame-ginger dressing and douse the entire thing in sauce so I couldn’t tell I was eating fish. And then there were those bones… You guys, I was a disturbed child. Why was I so afraid of finding a fish bone in my salmon? Those things are smaller than a baby paper-clip and they’re practically translucent! Whatever. In my 6-year-old mind, finding a fish bone in my dinner meant death.
I’m so glad I finally saw the light. A.K.A. learned to looove seafood. So many people hear the word “seafood” and begin to squirm. But once you get over that mental block, an entire world of new, delicious foods opens up to you. Fish tacos, shrimp ceviche, green curry mahi mahi, I’m telling you guys…the list goes on for ever.
And now, you can add this tasty dish to the list. Grilled Maple-Mustard Salmon. Yum. It’s got a little tangy sweetness from the maple syrup and it’s oh-so-yum over a bed of greens with a little brown rice on the side. Simple, delicious meal ready in under 30 minutes!
P.S. If you’re like me as a 6-year-old, make sure to get de-boned fish 😉
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple-syrup
- 2 tsp. stone-ground or dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 salmon filets
- Salt and pepper
- Combine marinade dressings in a large ziploc bag.
- Lightly salt and pepper the salmon on both sides, and add the salmon to the ziploc bag. Seal tightly and gently massage the marinade into the salmon. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Remove the salmon from the bag and discard the extra marinade.
- Grill the fish about 4 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. and the inside flakes easily.
- Remove from the grill and serve.