Okay, people…By raise of hands, who wonders how we survived without Costco? I realize not everyone has immediate access to this warehouse store, but I just marvel to think what would happen if I didn’t have Costco in my life?! Okay, my grocery bill probably wouldn’t be as big.
There are always items NOT on my list that end up in my basket due to curiosity alone, and Drew has been known to bring big-ticket items home (canoes, tents, power tools) when he goes unattended to Costco! But I honestly couldn’t imagine trying to grocery shop without Costco.
So here are our Top 10 Costco finds! Ok, it’s not a complete list…that would go on and on and on…but maybe you’ll find something here that you might want to slip into your cart next time you’re there. 100% Kiwi and Carrot approved!
1. Seeds of Change Rice Packets – healthy grains ready to eat in 90 seconds – check it out in our Maple-Balsamic Chicken, Kale and Quinoa Salad!
2. Kirkland Creamy Almond Butter – pure almonds whipped and ready for sandwiches, snacks and baking. Hello…eating a Chocolate Quinoa Energy Bite AS I TYPE THIS!
3. Trident Seafoods Alaskan Salmon Burgers – in the freezer section, clean-eating salmon patties are delicious grilled or pan-roasted. Top with some rosemary guacamole and you have yourself a real treat.
4. Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil – an alternative to EVOO, avocado oil is a healthy fat choice with a high smoke point and clean taste. We LOVE it in our Lemon Basil Strawberry salad dressing.
5. Wonderful Salt and Pepper Pistachios – oh goodness! THE BEST pistachios on the planet, no question.
6. Foppen Norwegian Smoked Salmon – Amazing smoked salmon comes with a yummy honey mustard dill sauce – try it with our Smoked Salmon and Egg Avocado Toast…mmmmmm!!!
7. Made in Nature Dried Mangoes – such an easy, on-the-go snack that curbs those pesky sugar cravings! Best part about these is the ingredient list: Organic Mango. Yup, NO ADDED SUGAR, yippee!
8. Phillips Pasteurized Lump Crab – excellent choice for lump crab when you make something like our Crab Cakes with Spicy Pepper Jelly.
9. Bella Sun Luci Sun-dried Tomatoes – these olive oil-packed tomatoes last forever and have a wonderful flavor. Use them in salads, sandwiches, stir-fry, pasta, pizza, chicken and beef dishes, fish…….basically anywhere. (Including Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Cheese!)
10. Chicken Tortilla Soup – when you haven’t planned dinner, this ready-made soup is a life saver! Clean and gluten-free, it’s a meal in itself. Add cilantro, grated cheddar, crushed corn tortilla chips and avocado as toppers to make it seem “homemade.”
Hope this inspires you to try some new things on your next excursion to Costco! What are your fave Costco finds? We would lOVE to hear!