Have you ever been in a “food rut?” Like, oats for breakie, sandwich for lunch, pasta for din…rinse and repeat. If you’re lucky you’ll mix up the snack. Either an RX bar or a Larabar…getting real original aren’t we?
Don’t worry, we’ve all been there.
But food is too fun to be boring! There are SO many options out there, and limited stomach space. So let’s take advantage.
Sometimes all you need to mix things up is to PLAY with your food. Ya, like you’re three years old. Cause we all are at heart.
In the case of this Peachy Caprese Stack, we’re taking full advantage of the playing-with-your-food-thing. We’re building beautiful towers of green, white and orange. It’s like a rainbow tower that tastes good. Like, really good. (Especially when you start drizzling that delicious goo all over it. A.K.A. balsamic reduction).
Sure, these aren’t your traditional “caprese salad” ingredients, but remember, we’re mixing things up. And when you have all these amazing, fresh peaches from your local fruit stand, you need to take advantage.
So here’s to playing with your food. And to being three again.
And to eating PEACHES, because summer only lasts so long.
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 peaches
- 2 avocados
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Pour vinegar into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and allow to simmer until thickened and reduced by about 1/3, stirring occasionally. (Should take about 10-15 minutes).
- While balsamic is reducing, slice peaches, avocados and cheese into slices.
- Stack everything up, alternating between ingredients.
- Drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar and enjoy as an appetizer, side dish or snack!
P.S. Want more tasty peach recipes? Try these: Avocado Toast with Bacon and Peaches for breakfast, Grilled Pork with Peaches and Basil for dinner, and Peach Melba for dessert! (You’re on your own for lunch 😉 )