Okay, people, would it be too much if I went running through the streets, screaming at the top of my lungs to advertise about the deliciousness of this dinner for just a moment? Pan-Roasted Steak with Spinach and Bleu Cheese Sauce is possibly THE BEST, EASIEST STEAK DINNER EVER MADE ON THE ENTIRE PLANET!!!
I don’t mean to brag here. This isn’t about my mad cooking skills or anything. I’m just a mom who loves to cook, and this dinner is EASY PEASY. Truly, nothing fancy or technical here at all. It’s just that STEAK, SPINACH AND BLEU CHEESE are three ingredients that should always be together. They are the perfect combo! Do I need to use more caps or scream louder or throw in some emojis to get my point across? There’s just nothing that pairs better than these three simple ingredients.
The other night, Sarah and I made this dish and called the boys in for dinner. They’re usually pretty excited when it’s a “food blog day,” because they get to be our testers and food critics. Well, they went completely nuts over this pan-roasted steak! They didn’t even get the food to their plates. They stood around the stove and dug in until they’d lapped up every last bit of steak, sauce and spinach. Apparently it was a success!
And can I remind you that this whole thing can be made in less than a half hour, and IN ONE PAN?!!! That’s a no-brainer to me. Put this one down as your busiest night, desperation, go-to dinner! You know, the nights when you’re usually tempted to throw the cereal boxes on the counter and call it dinner?! Don’t succumb to the cereal. Steak, spinach and bleu instead. Your family will love you, and your child who’s assigned dish duty will love you even more!
ONE PAN…30 MINUTES…DINNER PERFECTION!
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- T Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3-4 large boneless strip steaks
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium-sized shallot
- 10 mushrooms
- 5 cups spinach
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 4 oz. bleu cheese
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Melt butter with olive oil in large pan on stove.
- Salt and pepper steaks and place in pan over medium heat. Cook steaks, turning once, until well-browned (5-7 minutes total for medium rare.)
- Transfer steaks to plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Mince garlic, cut shallot into thin rings and wash and quarter mushrooms.
- Add garlic, shallot and mushrooms to pan and saute until mushrooms are soft.
- Add spinach and cook until slightly wilted.
- Add half-and-half and bleu cheese and stir until cheese is melted and sauce has thickened.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Serve steaks over spinach-bleu cheese sauce, and pass remaining sauce to spoon over the tops.