“OH BABY!” That’s the phrase Patrick (Sarah’s husband) uses when he’s excited about something. I’ve learned that it’s a huge compliment if he says that about food.
The other day, we sent out the call to the fam that it was a “blog day” and we needed taste testers for lunch. That’s generally all it takes and the masses come running. Sure enough, our kids all descended on the kitchen. And somehow, the boys fixated on these Instant Pot Korean BBQ Chicken Wings.
Apparently men can eat massive amounts of wings. Did you know that? I heard a lot of “Oh Baby!” and much lip-smacking and finger-licking. And then, it was over. In a matter of literally 3.5 minutes, the wings were wiped out. Gone. Just a huge pile of bones left. Sarah and I split the very last one just to make sure the taste was perfect. There’s not much meat on a wing, especially when you split it.
Instant Pot Korean BBQ Chicken Wings might have to become a family staple. The instant pot makes them a BIG WIN for all involved. Those hungry masses have just minutes, not hours, to wait. Prep is virtually nothing. And taste? OH BABY!
Coincidence that we’re posting the week of the Super Bowl? Nope. Doesn’t matter who you’re rooting for, or even if you have no clue who’s playing. Maybe you’re just tuning in for the commercials. (That pretty much describes our fam.) Little smokies? Chips and queso? Seven-layer dip? Just add a great big pile o’ Korean BBQ Wings to the mix.
Instant pot. Instant win.
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1" piece fresh ginger
- 1 small onion (about 1 cup)
- 8-10 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, optional
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chili paste (found in Asian aisle in most grocery stores)
- Place wings in large bowl.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken pieces. Toss to coat.
- Place everything in instant pot. Secure the lid and using manual, set to high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Once the 7 minutes is up, do a quick release. Once steam is released open lid; using tongs, place wings on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- After removing wings, turn setting to "sauté" and cook until reduced. (Keep the lid off when sautéing.) OR pour the extra sauce from the instant pot into a small pot and bring to boil. Turn down the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. As sauce cools, it will thicken slightly.
- While sauce is reducing, put baking sheet in oven and broil on HIGH for 4-5 minutes, until browned on the tops.
- Once wings are browned, remove from oven and pour sauce over them. Serve immediately.
*For more intense flavor, marinate for 20-30 minutes before cooking. (But these are delicious even without this step!)
*The optional brown sugar in the recipe makes a stickier sauce to pour over wings. You can leave it out but the sauce will be a little runnier and not as sweet.
*If you don't own an Instant Pot, don't worry, you can marinate these and then bake them in the oven until cooked through!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the earnings. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!