This Immune-Boosting Strawberry Smoothie can do so much good for your body.
Sometimes we forget that eating a bowl of Fruit Loops for breakfast every morning isn’t going to help us. At all. (Unless you ask my sugar-cereal-loving husband…he’ll claim it does him a lot of good…) The problem is, we love convenience, right? That’s why we consume so many processed, pre-made and packaged foods. Because it’s easy to pour a bowl of cereal or unwrap a “healthy” chocolate-covered granola bar for breakfast. What people tend to forget, is that it’s also easy to throw 6 ingredients in a blender and pour the resulting smoothie in a cup. BAM. Done.
And guess what? Instead of partially-hydronegnated vegetable oil, refined sugar and red 40, you get vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium and manganese. We have the excuse that we’re too busy to eat healthy, but that’s exactly why we need to. Our bodies are tired from all the busyness. Our minds and attention are being pulled in every direction and our immune systems are getting RUN DOWN.
Give your body a break from the sugar-cereal crash and whip up an Immune-Boosting Strawberry Smoothie. Your body and mind will thank you!
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cooked, medium-sized beet, cold or frozen (see notes)
- Heaping 1/2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk or coconut water
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice
- 3-4 ice cubes (or more if needed)
- Handful of spinach or other leafy greens (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add ice until desired consistency is reached!
*Beets can be a pain to prep yourself. Many stores carry already steamed and peeled beets, which can save you lots of time! We love the beets from Costco and Trader Joe's.