Happy St. Patrick’s Day! A little early, we know, but we like to be prepared. Prepared with giant glass mugs of this Green Shamrock Smoothie, because that’s how we do things around here.
St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated in more countries than any other national festival. Understandable when you consider what the holiday entails…parades, music, food, drink…I would thank Saint Patrick for the holiday, but I feel a little weird about that because we have St. Patrick’s Day to commemorate his death. I guess more to honor his life, but thanking him for a holiday that marks his death day just doesn’t seem right.
Anyhoo, enough about death. We’re SUPER excited, because today we’re launching a giveaway from our fave protein powder company, Orgain! In this Green Shamrock Smoothie, we used their Sweet Vanilla Bean protein powder as well as their Superfood’s powder. Mix that up with some coconut milk, fruit and pure mint extract and you have yourself a real GREEN treat to celebrate St. Patty.
If you’d like a chance to win some AWESOME products from Orgain, head to our Instagram. In order to win, you need to be following our Instagram account, Orgain’s Instagram account and tag a friend in the comments. We wish you the best luck of the Irish!
P.S. Even if you don’t win, you should def check out Orgain. They just came out with some new protein powders (think peanut butter gaaaah we can’t EVEN hold in our excitement…) and they have a great variety of quality products to choose from!
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup cold cucumber (about 2 inches)
- 1 scoop Orgain Superfoods Powder
- 2 scoops Orgain Sweet Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 kiwi, skin removed
- ¼ tsp. – ½ tsp. pure peppermint extract (depending on preference)
- Toppings: cacao nibs, fresh mint
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. *Start with ¼ tsp. peppermint extract and add more if desired.
- Pour in cup, top with cacao nibs and fresh mint, and serve immediately.
What a fun, healthy alternative!