Fudgey Peppermint Bites. Because yes, fudgey is a word in our vocabulary….
You know how during the holiday season, your counter slowly begins to overflow with neighbor gifts? Bits of fudge, caramel-covered apples, assorted chocolates and of course, always the candy canes.
Loads of candy canes.
We’re going to let you in on a little secret of ours. It’s called re-gifting. Yup. And we’re not talking re-gifting as in tying a new bow on that box of See’s Chocolates and sending it off. Oh no…that’s off-limits in the gift-giving world. (A.K.A. I have definitely done that in the past. You gotta survive while in a pinch, ya know?)
We’re talking re-purposing.
Step 1: Take those candy canes…smash them up with the new rolling pin your neighbor tied onto the loaf of bread she baked you.
Step 2: Use those bits of crushed yumminess to coat these tasty Fudgey Peppermint Bites.
Step 3: Wrap them up with a bow, and send them to the neighbor who sent you those little candy canes, as well as all the others who so kindly gave you a holiday gift.
It’s kind of like a holiday prank, but one that your neighbors will love. Because who wouldn’t LOVE these Fudgey Peppermint Bites? Really. They are soft and squooshy with a little pepperminty crunch. Naturally sweetened with only dates, and packed with protein powder, almonds and coconut oil.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 14 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted to a liquid
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure peppermint extract
- 6 Tbsp. warm water
- Crushed peppermint candy canes
- In a powerful food processor, combine pitted dates and almonds. Pulse until almonds are chopped into tiny pieces.
- Add the protein powder, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, peppermint extract and water. Mix until a sticky dough forms. (If too wet, add more protein powder, if too dry, add more water).
- Taking about 1 Tbsp. dough at a time, roll into small balls and coat with crushed candy canes.
- Store in an air-tight container in fridge or freezer.
***This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the earnings. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!
Yum! These sound so good and I love that they’re secretly super healthy!
Thanks Valentina! Gotta love disguising dessert as healthy 😉
I love it! Definitely try this out! 🙂
Thanks San! Hope you like them 🙂
These are so beautiful! I would love to take these to a party. I am thinking they would be a hit.
Thanks Dylan! They would be fun to bring to a party cause they’re a little different than the typical plate of cookies or brownies. Hope you love them!