Classic BBQ Chicken Pizza…
You know how you can just always expect certain things to be the same in your life forevermore? There are just some classics that will remain unchanged and a part of your life…
My mom has her dining table set for the current season regardless of if she’s having a party or not.
My neighbor has had giant jars of candy all over her house for as long as I’ve known her. (How in the world does she stay so thin with all that sugar and chocolate lying around!)
I have a heaping bowl of fresh fruit on the counter 365 days a year.
There are just some funny little traditions that will forever stand the test of time. Maybe they remind you of your childhood, so they remain a built-in part of your life. Something you just might pass on to your kids because it’s a happy part of your life…
Classic BBQ Chicken Pizza is one of those traditions for us.
I could make this in my sleep. I probably have several times, actually. It’s a classic that will forever withstand any food trends or fads. It’s a favorite with literally every single person in our family and will remain an iconic part of our family history.
There’s nothing crazy about it…it’s pretty much just a Classic BBQ Chicken Pizza! BUT it’s our bbq chicken pizza. It’s dinner while watching Bewitched reruns, party time at the cabin, late-night pizza and Italian sodas, cold leftovers eaten in the car because I’m late for school. It’s a part of our story. It’s US.
What’re your family faves? Simple stuff that will withstand any turbulence life throws at you? Recipes, traditions, activities, quotes that make you smile?
Tell your story. Live your story. Pass it on.
Classic BBQ Chicken Pizza…
What life’s all about.
- 1 Tbsp. dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Cornmeal for sprinkling
- 1/2-3/4 cup favorite bbq sauce
- 1 cup cubed roasted deli chicken
- 4 cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 cup Italian blend grated cheese, grated gouda or sharp cheddar (or a mixture!)
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese
- Combine the yeast, honey and warm water in a standing mixing bowl. Let sit for about five minutes until the yeast begins to bubble.
- Add the oil, 2 1/2 cups flour and salt. Blend on low using a dough hook.
- Increase the speed and knead for 5-7 minutes. Add more flour as needed if the dough is sticking to the sides of the bowl. (It should stick to bottom of bowl but pull away from sides.)
- Cover the bowl and let rise for 30-40 minutes (until about doubled in size).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. If you're using a pizza stone, place it in the oven to heat.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza stone or pan. Roll out dough into a large circle.
- Spread bbq sauce over dough. Sprinkle with chicken.
- Slice mushrooms and shallot and add to pizza. Top with cheeses.
- Bake approx. 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
*You can always use a store-bought dough if you're crunched for time!
Want some more pizza recipes? Try these:
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know how it turned out for you!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the money. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!