Who here is a Costco fan? I wish I had 15 hands to raise right now, because that’s how I feel about Costco. It truly is the BOMB.com. Incredible products, high-quality ingredients and affordable FRESH BERRIES basically year round. Can’t say that about my local grocery store…
So. Berries. Blueberries. I have vivid memories of my sister and I riding home from Costco in the backseat of my mom’s car, blueberry carton open on my lap and fingers stained blue. We could never wait to get home to bust open that giant carton of juicy berries. There were multiple times we’d get home and half of the carton was already gone. And let me tell you, that is a BIG carton of blueberries. At least we were getting our antioxidants right???
Next time you’re at Costco (or your favorite grocery store) stock up on some fresh (or frozen!) blueberries so you can make these amazing, delicious, and oh-so Blueberry-Orange Muffins.
The best part about these muffins happens once they come out of the oven, all steamy and warm. Two words: butter and sugar. DO NOT skip this last step. It’s very necessary, trust me. Just a quick dip in some orange-infused melted butter, a sprinkle of sugar on top and voila!
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 oranges
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix first eight ingredients together.
- Finely grate the zest of both oranges and add to batter. Fold to incorporate.
- Put in greased muffin tins and bake 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes, until toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Melt butter and mix with 2 tsp. freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Dip tops of hot muffins in butter/orange mixture and then dip in sugar.
Need an Easter brunch idea? Whip up a batch of these Blueberry-Orange Muffins and pair them with this Feta and Favorite Veggie Frittata!