A few months ago, my mom took me, my sister, my aunt and sis-in-law for a girls trip to San Francisco. One morning we made our way down to the Ferry Plaza Farmer’s Market, which is a delicious and cultural experience, especially for you food-lovers out there. We’d highly recommend checking it out next time you find yourself in San Fran. While we were wandering around enjoying the sights and sounds of the bustling market, we stumbled across the Whole Spice booth…we were immediately drawn to the long table lined with different olive oils and vinegars to sample. Those are the best kinds of booths…sample this, sample that, pretend you haven’t sampled this one yet…you know how it goes.
One of the olive oils we sampled was a basic oil mixed with Whole Spice Napa Valley Blend. Ok guys. This stuff is AMAZING. I’ll try to stop shouting about it, but we really do love it that much. You can use this spice mix for just about anything you can dream up. We’ve used it to season quinoa dishes, eggs, meat, bread…the list goes on. In this recipe, we marinated some salmon with two basic ingredients, threw in some Napa Valley spice blend and voila! Grilled salmon seasoned to perfection.
- 4 salmon filets
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon (save some zest for garnishing if desired)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. Whole Spice Napa Valley Rub
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the salmon, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and Whole Spice Napa Valley Rub. Let sit for 10 minutes, turning over every few minutes.
- Heat the grill or stove on high and cook the salmon for 4 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for 4-5 minutes, or until the center is flaky and light pink.
- Garnish with lemon zest and serve with roasted veggies, quinoa salad or brown rice.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase a product from a link, we receive a portion of the earnings. This doesn’t affect your price in any way, and we appreciate your help to keep Kiwi and Carrot up and running!